What is the cause of p2112 ford f150

Here’s some information I’d like to share with the forum. Recently, I experienced the dreaded P2112 error, indicating throttle body failure on my 2016 F150 with a 3.5 Ecoboost engine, which had around 48,000 miles at the time. The symptoms included a sudden loss of power, with the vehicle barely able to move forward and the check engine light illuminated. Thankfully, I managed to idle backward into my neighborhood. After scanning for the code, it came up as P2112. I contacted the dealer and purchased a new part, a complete throttle body and electronic actuator unit, for $78. I replaced it myself in approximately 15 minutes. Please note that you’ll also need a new gasket, which costs around $3. The dealer quoted me around $500 for the repair. Additionally, I filed a complaint with the NHTSA, as the sudden loss of power posed a danger, especially when pulling out into traffic.

Coincidentally, a friend of mine who owns a 2017 F150 also experienced the same issue and sudden loss of power when pulling out into traffic. Their truck had approximately 39,000 miles on it at the time.

I hope this information proves helpful to others. Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

The Cause

The throttle body stuck closed, likely due to dirt or electrical problems, causing the P2112 error in the Ford F150.

Soluion

Clean the throttle body, check wires, reset by disconnecting the battery, and replace the gasket or throttle body if needed.

It’s interesting to note that your friend experienced a similar issue with their 2017 F150. The fact that both trucks had relatively low mileage at the time of the throttle body failure raises questions about the root cause of the problem. Your observation underscores the importance of monitoring and addressing potential issues early on, regardless of mileage

1 Like

Wow, thanks for sharing your experience with the P2112 error on your 2016 F150. It sounds like it was quite the ordeal! It’s great to hear that you were able to diagnose and fix the issue yourself, saving a ton of money in the process. Your detailed account will definitely help others who might encounter a similar problem

It’s impressive that you managed to replace the throttle body and electronic actuator unit for just $78, compared to the dealer’s $500 quote. Plus, it’s thoughtful of you to mention the need for a new gasket, which only costs around $3. Your cost-saving tips will surely be appreciated by fellow F150 owners facing similar issues.

Your decision to file a complaint with the NHTSA regarding the sudden loss of power is commendable. It’s crucial to address safety concerns promptly, especially if they pose a risk to drivers and passengers. Your proactive approach could potentially prevent accidents and ensure the safety of others on the road.