What is the best starter for Ford F150?

Hey all, i have the 4.6 and my starter sh*t the bed on me. i turn the key to start, get one click and nothing happens, try 2 more times and she’ll start. the dealer says its a starter so im looking for a new one to do myself after they quoted me $330 to do it. i promptly laughed in his face and walked away haha anyone know whats good and where to buy?

also, is it worth trying a re-manufactured one or should i not risk it being faulty?

thanks!

1 Like
  1. Denso Starter: Denso is a reputable brand known for its high-quality automotive parts. Denso starters are durable and efficient, providing reliable starting power for your F-150.
1 Like

The best starters in the market include MPC Complete Remote Start with Keyless Entry Kit for 2004-2008 Ford F-150, Viper 4105V 1-Way Remote Start System, and Duralast Starter DL3298S.

You can get any of the above starters either from Local auto parts stores or Online retailers.

Regarding whether to go for a new or remanufactured starter, it depends on your budget and preference for reliability. A new starter is likely to last longer and should come with a warranty, but will be more expensive. A remanufactured starter can be just as good as a new one if it’s from a reputable supplier, and it will be cheaper.
My advice is that yu go for a new one for better performance and durability