What does tire pressure sensor fault mean

Hello friends I need some advice on a problem I am having. My dashboard alarm says “tire pressure sensor fault.” I have checked my tire pressure many times, and it is correct. I noticed the alarm comes on after I hit a bump. I am not familiar with the TPMS sensors. Could one be loose, or do they fail like this? I have an OBDC reader but haven’t checked for codes yet. Would it tell me which sensor is the problem?

1 Like

If your car’s system finds a tire pressure sensor problem, it means that one or more of your sensors aren’t working right. These devices check the tire pressure and send a message to the computer in your car.

1 Like

The “tire pressure sensor fault” message on your dashboard typically indicates an issue with the tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS).
The issue could be due to a variety of reasons, such as a faulty tire pressure sensor, a sensor that has lost memory, or even a problem with the TPMS control unit or wiring.
Since you have mentioned that the alarm triggers after hitting a bump, it’s possible that one of the sensors might be loose or damaged.