What does the P0353 code mean for a Ford vehicle?

My 2006 V8 Ford Explorer is showing error code P0353, which means there’s a problem with the Ignition Coil C. Here’s what I’ve tried so far:

1. I replaced all the spark plugs, but the code stayed the same.
  2. I switched the spark plug for the coil in question, but the code stayed the same.
  3. I swapped the ignition coil with another one, but the code still stayed the same.

The error code is still there. I’m not an expert, but I think there might be an issue with the wires going to the coil. Any advice would be really helpful.

1 Like

Examine the connections and wire harness for Ignition Coil C carefully. Keep an eye out for any indications of corrosion, damage, fraying, or loose connections.
Make sure there’s proper contact and cleanliness between the connecting pins. Interconnectivity problems can occasionally be caused by minor corrosion.

You’ve done a good job ruling out the spark plugs and ignition coil itself. It’s entirely possible the wiring is the culprit.

Check for any visible damage, loose connections, or corrosion in the wiring harness leading to that coil.

If everything looks okay, you might have a short or open circuit in the wiring. Using a multimeter to test the resistance in the wires can help pinpoint the issue.

If you’re not comfortable doing this yourself, a mechanic can quickly diagnose it.

If the engine control module (ECM) or powertrain control module (PCM) detects a problem with the ignition coil or cylinder coil circuit, it sets the P0353 code.

1 Like

Check for a broken locking tab on the coil connector, fairly common to see them broken. Would be a good time to check pulse as well If it’s good, load test the circuit back to the pcm