What does the FX4 package mean for F-150 trucks?

Hey everyone. I’ve made up my mind about getting a F150 Platinum instead of a Ram Limited. Since there aren’t many available, I’ll have to customize it myself. I’m thinking about adding the FX4 package, but I’m not sure. I mainly use my truck for everyday driving, but I do go on a rough logging road for hunting about two weeks every year. The road is bumpy and tough. Do you think it’s worth spending an extra $1000 for the FX4 package if I only use it for 10 days a year on this rough road?

Choosing the right package for your vehicle can indeed be a tough decision, especially when considering the cost versus the benefits. The FX4 package for the F150 Platinum adds off-road-tuned shocks, skid plates, and a locking rear differential, which are designed to enhance the truck’s capabilities on rough terrain.
Given that you use your truck for everyday driving and only occasionally on a rough logging road, the FX4 package is not a necessity.

1 Like

But remember in the wrong run, her car might be damaged.
The FX4 package can protect her car from future damage.
@Donna do not be deceived. Just spend your $1000 and acquire a package which will prevent your car from any damage and thank me later.

1 Like

The FX4 package for Ford F-150 trucks is a special off-road option that has been available since the early 2000s. It makes the truck better for driving on rough terrain and includes several features to improve off-road performance. Here’s what the FX4 package usually includes:

• Skid plates: Protect the bottom of the truck from rocks and other obstacles.
  • Hill Descent Control: Helps the truck go down steep hills at a steady speed.
  • Improved shocks and suspension: For better handling and durability on bumpy roads.
  • Locking rear differential: Ensures both rear wheels turn at the same speed for better traction, especially on slippery surfaces.
  • All-terrain tires: Provide better grip on different off-road surfaces.
  • Unique front grille design: Gives the truck a tougher look.
1 Like

Here’s a breakdown to help you decide whether the FX4 package is worth it for your F-150 Platinum:

Benefits of the FX4 Package for Your Situation:

Off-road Capability:

• The FX4 package includes features like skid plates, an electronic locking rear differential (e-locker), and potentially upgraded shocks depending on the configuration. These enhancements offer better traction and protection on rough roads, which can be beneficial for your hunting trips.

Resale Value:

• The FX4 package is a popular option that can potentially increase your vehicle’s resale value, especially in regions with many off-road enthusiasts.

Peace of Mind:

• Having the extra capability for unexpected rough terrain during your hunting trips could provide peace of mind, making the investment worthwhile for some.

Things to Consider:

Limited Use:

• You mentioned that you only use the rough road for about 10 days a year. If careful driving on the current suspension is sufficient, the FX4 upgrade might not be necessary.

Fuel Efficiency:

• The FX4 package might include slightly heavier components, which could reduce fuel efficiency compared to the standard F-150 Platinum.

I’m going for the F-150 Platinum too

Since we’ll be hitting that rough hunting road twice a year, I’m leaning towards getting the FX4 package for the extra peace of mind. Even though it’s just 10 days, it might be worth the extra $1000 for the tougher terrain.