What are the pros, cons and the difference between extended cab, crew cab, and supercab options for a Ford F150?

Hey guys, I’m a bit confused about the differences between an “extended cab,” a “supercab,” and a “Supercrew.”

From what I understand, “extended cab” and “supercab” seem to be used interchangeably to describe a setup where there’s an extra seat for passengers, but they have to enter from behind the front seats. On the other hand, “Supercrew” means there’s a separate door for rear passengers.

Am I getting that right?

Also, I’m curious if Ford ever made a truck in 1993 or 1994 that was a “super crew” (with the extra rear door), 4x4, and had a long bed? And if so, where could I find more info about it? Basically, I’m trying to figure out if Ford ever made an F-150 with all those features, and if they did, when was the first year they did it?

1 Like

Unlocking the door to your dream vehicle starts with choosing the right cab option: Extended Cab, offering lower costs but limited rear space; Crew Cab, providing ample room albeit at a higher price point; or SuperCab, the more budget-friendly choice with moderate space.

Extended cab and Supercab are indeed very similar. They both offer seating for up to 6 people with rear seats accessed by opening the front doors first. The big difference is with Supercrew cabs, which are like extended cabs but with full-sized rear doors for easier passenger entry, making them much more comfortable for backseat riders on longer trips.

As for your Ford question, while Ford offered Supercab F-150s since the early 1990s, the true Supercrew with rear doors for the extended cab didn’t appear until around 2000. To confirm the exact year and see specs for those early Supercrew F-150 4x4s with long beds, you can check out Ford truck enthusiast forums or search for “2000 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4x4 long bed specifications” online.

“Extended cab” and “supercab” pretty much mean the same thing: extra seating behind the front seats, accessed through rear doors. “Supercrew” is when there’s a separate door for backseat passengers, making it easier to get in and out.

As for your Ford truck question, while I can’t say for sure about 1993 or 1994, Ford has made trucks with those features. To find more info, try checking out old forums, vintage car sites, or contacting Ford directly. Enthusiasts might have what you’re looking for, too!