What are the Pros and Cons of Installing a 2" Rough Country Leveling Kit on an F150?

Hey everyone,

So, I finally got my first truck about a month ago, and I’ve been like a kid in a candy store buying all sorts of stuff for it. The next thing on my list is a leveling kit. I found two different options from Rough Country, and I wanted to get your take on them.

The first one seems like a steal at $49.99, and it’s got some really solid reviews. The other one is priced at $99.99, also with great reviews. I know it might seem like I’m trying to be budget-conscious here, but do you think there’s a big difference in ride quality or build between the two? Saving that 50 bucks could definitely help cover the installation costs.

Let me know what you think, thanks!

1 Like

I put in the plastic version from RC, and so far, it’s been smooth sailing. Based on the research I did beforehand, I don’t anticipate any major wear and tear issues with it. With the 2-inch lift, I ended up with about half an inch of rake, which works out perfectly, especially when I’m hauling a trailer.

Leveling kits are generally easier to install than full suspension lifts. A 2-inch kit from Rough Country is advertised as a bolt-on design requiring no cutting or disassembly.