What are some of the Ford F-150 engines to avoid?

Hello everyone,

I’m planning to buy a truck from 2014 to 2019 soon, and I need some advice on which engine types to avoid and which ones to consider, especially for the Ford F-150.

This will be my first truck, and I want to make sure it’s a good choice that will last a long time for me and my family. Here’s how I plan to use it:

I’ll be driving it every day, but my commute isn’t too long, about 12 miles round-trip.
Sometimes, I’ll use it to tow a pop-up camper.
During spring and summer, I’ll be hauling dirt and yard waste.
I’ve heard good things about the 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6 engine, but I’m open to hearing about other options too.

If this post doesn’t fit here, please let me know if there’s a better place to ask. Thanks

Ford F-150 buyers have reported problems with specific engine models, such as Ecoboost V6 engines (2011-2014), 5.4L Triton V8 engines (2004-2010), 3.5L Ecoboost V6 engines (2011-present), and 2.7L Ecoboost V6 engines (2015-present). Misfires, engine trembling, turbocharger troubles, spark plug breakage, carbon buildup on intake valves, and turbocharger failures are some of the concerns. Ford has addressed these concerns via recalls, technical service bulletins, and design upgrades. To avoid these difficulties, it is advised that you investigate the exact model year and engine choices, read owner reviews, evaluate maintenance history and warranty coverage, and have a comprehensive pre-purchase check performed by a skilled technician.

The 3.5L EcoBoost V6 is a great option for the F-150 (2014-2019).

It offers good power, decent fuel economy, and can handle towing your pop-up camper.