P2106 ford f150

My truck starts running rough and sometimes stalls after the in-dash wrench light comes on. I get a P2106 (TAC system forced limited power) code on my OBD II 3.0 reader. Can anyone explain what the basic problem is from this code or where I can find more information? I’ve searched forums, but no one updates their threads after getting it repaired.

1 Like

Truck running rough, stalls (wrench light on). P2106 code indicates TAC system issue (limp mode). Check repair manuals for your truck model to diagnose further. Mechanic visit recommended for proper diagnosis/repair.

2 Likes

It usually happens due to issues with the throttle body, throttle position sensor, or wiring. I’d recommend checking for loose or damaged connections first.

1 Like

Hey FordRoller! I had the same P2106 code on my F150 last year. It turned out to be a faulty throttle position sensor. I replaced it, and the problem was fixed. I’d recommend checking that first. If you’re unsure, a good mechanic can help you out.

1 Like

I know dealing with car troubles can be stressful, but by confirming the code and getting it checked out by a mechanic, you should be back on the road in no time

1 Like

Are you sure on that point

1 Like

@Blue Thanks for this information it’s so helpful to me.