P0316 misfire at start up

Hey everyone. This is my first post, so sorry if it is in the wrong place. I have a 2006 F150 with 113,000 miles, and it seems like I have bad spark plugs. About 22,000 miles ago, a Ford mechanic put in OEM plugs. This week, while merging onto the freeway, my check engine light started flashing, so I pulled over and turned off the truck. I managed to get to work by driving carefully. The truck isn’t showing a cylinder misfire or other codes, so I am not sure what to do next. I have noticed a loss of fuel efficiency and power. I am considering checking if a plug came loose. I have read a lot of forums, but not many mention the P0316 code alone. Any advice or help would be appreciated.

1 Like

Although it doesn’t display a specific cylinder code, it seems like your 2006 F150 could be experiencing misfiring. Power loss and the check engine light flashing are frequent symptoms. Although spark plugs could be the source, take into account a P0316 code, which denotes a misfire upon starting. Look for any loose plugs, or consider getting new coil packs. A mechanic can provide a definitive diagnosis of the problem.

1 Like