Is a Mustang with a rebuilt title a good deal?

I’m thinking about trading in my 2022 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend. It’s barely been driven, just 10,000 miles on the odometer. But now I’m eyeing a Mustang that has a rebuilt title, and I can’t help but wonder, am I making a good choice here? The whole idea of a rebuilt title is a bit of a mystery to me. Is it really a good deal, or could it turn into a headache down the road? I’d love to hear any advice you might have, especially if you’ve been down this road before.

5 Likes

A rebuilt title means the car was in a really bad accident, bad enough that the insurance company considered it a total loss. After that, a different company stepped in, bought the wrecked car, and repaired it. However, the car usually isn’t as structurally strong as it was before the accident, which is why it’s often priced much lower.

5 Likes

I found the car, and the entire front end is missing. It’s definitely in rough shape. My advice? Stay far away from this one.

4 Likes

We’ve got a real detective over here. Nicely spotted.

4 Likes

I was on a break at work and couldn’t help but satisfy my morbid curiosity, :joy: :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

It looks like they really spun that thing out.

2 Likes

How does someone even manage to mess up both the front and the back?

1 Like

You’re stopped at a red light, and the car behind you doesn’t brake in time, slamming into your rear and sending you crashing into the car in front.