How to get to rear vents on xtra cab

Hi Ford Truck Lovers😊

I have a 2016 Ford Ranger Xtra Cab and recently discovered it leaks through the air vents into the cab’s back corners. Ford Pacific told me the only way to fix it is by removing the back well-side, which is way too expensive. :money_with_wings:

I’m wondering if there’s a way to access the vents through the inside back panel and block them off to stop any more rainwater from getting in.

Any suggestions?

Thanks! :pray::red_car::sweat_drops:

I had a similar issue with my Ranger a while back. Instead of tearing everything apart, I used some weatherproof tape and a bit of foam to block the vents from inside. It’s not a perfect fix, but it stopped most of the leaks and saved me a ton of cash :red_car::droplet:

That leaky cab is a real bummer, I know. Removing the back well-side sounds like overkill.

First, Try running a hose over the truck while someone watches the interior.

Once you pinpoint the leak, we can strategize. If it’s the vents, you might be able to access them by removing the interior panels.

It’ll be a bit of work, but it could save you a ton of cash.

If you’re not comfortable diving into the interior, there are some aftermarket sealants and weatherstripping that might help.

Just make sure to choose products specifically designed for automotive use.

Don’t rush into anything. Take your time, and you might just find a solution that works for you.