How much do used truck caps for a Ford F150 cost?

My big truck has a huge cover for the back called a Leer 122. Even though some people might like it, I’ve never found a use for it. Every time I’ve had one on my truck, I end up taking it off and leaving it in the yard because it just takes up space. I’m wondering how much I could sell a slightly used Leer 122 or a similar cover for. I’ve tried looking online, but it’s hard to find the prices since most places want you to call them instead of giving the price upfront. If anyone knows the price, I’d appreciate it. Thanks!

3 Likes

You can typically sell a slightly used Leer 122 or similar cover for around $500 to $800, depending on its condition and local market demand.

1 Like

The cost of used truck caps for a Ford F150 can vary widely depending on several factors such as the brand, condition, material, and age of the cap.

1 Like

Brand new caps can be priced at $2,000 or higher, but prices vary based on factors such as age, condition, and features. Adjustments are typically made from this starting point to reflect the specific characteristics of each individual cap.

Anyone have experience buying a used truck cap for their F-150? What kind of prices did you see based on the features and condition?

Wow, that’s a good chunk of change! $2,000 or more for a brand new truck cap is definitely an investment.

You’re right, finding the exact selling price for a used Leer 122 cap online can be tricky. Here are some tips to estimate the value and potentially sell your used Leer 122 cap:

Factors Affecting Price:

Condition:
The overall condition of your Leer 122 cap will significantly impact the price. Scratches, dents, cracks, or missing parts will lower its value.

Newer Leer 122 caps generally fetch higher prices than older models.

Color:
Popular colors like black and white might sell faster than less common colors.

Size and Compatibility:
Double-check the size of your Leer 122 (it might be specific to a truck make and model) to ensure it fits potential buyers’ trucks.

Estimating the Price Range:

While definitive prices are difficult to pin down, here are some resources to get a ballpark range:

Truck Forums:
Search online truck forums for discussions on buying and selling Leer caps. Look for similar models in your area to get a sense of the going rate.

Completed Listings:
Search online marketplaces like Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace for “used Leer 122” or similar terms. Filter by “completed” listings to see what similar caps have recently sold for (not just asking prices).

Truck Parts Websites:
Some websites specialize in selling used truck parts. Check if they have a section for used Leer caps and see their pricing.

Selling Your Leer 122 Cap:

Online Marketplaces:
List your Leer 122 on Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, or other online classifieds. Include clear photos, highlight the condition, size, and compatibility, and set a reasonable price based on your research.

Truck Forums:
If you frequent any truck forums, see if they allow selling used parts. Post a detailed description of your Leer 122 with photos and your asking price.

Local Truck Shops:
Some local truck shops might be interested in buying your used Leer 122 cap, especially if it’s in good condition.

Additional Tips:

Be Upfront About the Condition:
Clearly mention any scratches, dents, or missing parts in your description.

Provide Good Photos:
Take high-quality photos from different angles that showcase the Leer 122’s condition.

Be Open to Negotiation:
Set a reasonable starting price and be willing to negotiate within a fair range.