How good is the Ford GT

A friend on Ford Enclave asked me how the Ford GT was to own and drive. :red_car:

I had a 2005 Ford GT that I bought new and kept for 8 years, putting 9,205 miles on it. The car gave me very few problems; the tach and speedometer were replaced under warranty. I fell in love with its looks and found it very comfortable to sit in and drive. :heart:

Initially, the HP was pegged at 500hp but later revised to 550hp. My neighbor modified his GT to get 600hp and later claimed over 800hp with further upgrades. His car was much faster than my stock GT. :dash:

I loved driving it—it was a sports cruiser. I even spoke with the Ford engineers who designed it. They aimed to outclass the Ferrari of the day. I owned a 360 Modena at the same time, and while the GT had more power, it didn’t quite match the Ferrari in handling or exhaust sound. The GT was still a great driving car with a huge woofer speaker and a fantastic radio. :notes:

Handling was supercar competent, though staying at the top is tough. Today, it would be a good driver and a stunning car to look at. :star2:

Someone on the forum said, “one then done,” meaning there will always be new Ferraris but only the 2005-06 Ford GTs. Now, they’re offering a new version of the GT, which I didn’t expect when I traded mine for a Lamborghini Aventador. :racing_car:

When asked why I got rid of such an iconic car, the simple answer is that even a great car gets stale after a while, and you desire something new. The FGT is still a great car to own. :oncoming_automobile:

Hope this gives you a good idea of my experience! :blush:

You definitely captured the essence of owning such an iconic car. It’s clear you have a deep appreciation for performance and design.

The comparison to the Ferrari 360 Modena is interesting, and it highlights how the GT held its own against a legendary competitor.

It’s also fascinating to hear about the car’s evolution and the owner’s modifications. Your experience certainly gives a great perspective on what it’s like to own a Ford GT.

Would you like to share any specific memories or anecdotes about your GT ownership?

It was really easy to handle and very planted. Shortly afterward, I had a neighbor who had one that was upgraded to 900 horsepower. He drove it on a daily basis in Austin, where it rains a lot. He owned a Rolls Royce, a Z8, a 911, and several other vehicles in his stable. Even with 900 horsepower, he claimed that the Ford GT was his favorite DD because it was so simple to drive.

I’m not at all blaming ThrottleHouse. The weather and the car’s tires are beyond their control. Rather, I’m attempting to demonstrate the true significance of the tires by describing my own experience with one.

Hello, Ford has always given something innovative in the vehicle sector. Ford GT, which will hit the road in 2017, is based on the company’s previous generation of GT automobiles and promises to be fantastic.