How do I fix a P0340 code on a Ford F150?

I have a frustrating problem. I’m getting a P0340 code, which is for the bank 1 (passenger side?) camshaft position sensor (CPT). I replaced it, but my car still idles roughly and sometimes stalls at lights.

Am I missing something? It’s the only code that shows up, and I’ve also replaced the Variable Camshaft Timing (VCT) parts, the throttle body, and the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS).

Is there a way to check the camshaft position sensor with a Digital Volt-Ohm Meter (DVOM) to make sure it’s working? If it is working, what should I check next?

Your P0340 code likely indicates a deeper issue than just the camshaft position sensor. Replacing it, along with other components, hasn’t solved the problem. Checking the sensor’s functionality with a DVOM might help, but the root cause could be wiring, the engine control module, or even internal engine timing problems. Consider consulting a mechanic for a more in-depth diagnosis.

Despite replacing the camshaft position sensor and other parts, your car continues to idle rough and stall. This suggests the P0340 code might be a symptom of a more complex problem. While checking the sensor with a DVOM is a good step, other potential culprits include wiring issues, a faulty engine control module, or internal engine timing problems. It’s recommended to seek professional help for a thorough diagnosis.

Change the Crankshaft Position Sensor or Camshaft.
After you’ve taken it out, check for resistance with a digital multimeter. Certain resistance ranges apply to specific vehicles, so check your owner’s manual. The crankshaft position sensor needs to be changed if there is no resistance.