Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires

Seems these tires are made for Walmart by Goodyear.

Thinking about putting these on my 19 Screw 4x4.

Anyone know if they are good on snow and ice and what other tires in the mainstream have similar performace?

Thanks!

putting Walmart tires on a big Ford truck? Sounds kinda risky, especially in the snow.

I thought those special snowflake symbols on tires meant they were good for winter?

Maybe check out some other brands at a regular tire shop, just to be safe. Your truck deserves some good winter shoes!

Walmart tires on a fancy Ford truck, huh? Well, listen here.

The mechanic was sayin’ them might be alright for sunny days, but for snow and ice, you need somethin’ with more bite, like a tire with those three-peak snowflake symbols.

They got some good winter tires at Discount Tire too, I hear.

“Made for Walmart” by Goodyear doesn’t necessarily mean bad quality, but it likely indicates a budget-oriented tire. For snow and ice performance, look for tires with a three-peak mountain snowflake (3PMSF) symbol and aggressive tread patterns. Michelin Defender LTX M/S and Nokian Outpost APT are mainstream options with strong winter traction.`

A 19 Screw 4x4 deserves some decent boots! While Walmart tires might save a buck, for winter warrior duty, you want real grip.

Look for a proper winter tire with the 3PMSF symbol. Blizzaks or General Altimax Arctic are popular choices for Fords. Trust me, you’ll thank yourself next blizzard.

That’s a good point about the tires potentially being made for Walmart.

Have you seen any reviews on the specific model? Sometimes there can be good deals on these, but it’s worth checking quality.

Thanks for the heads up! I hadn’t considered the difference in tire performance for different weather conditions.

I’ll definitely look into those winter tires with the three-peak snowflake symbols at Discount Tire.