Ford F150 tail light

My truck’s right tail light stopped working. The turn signal, brake light, and BLIS are still working fine. I took the tail light off to replace the bulb, but I’m not sure how to open it up. There’s only one plug for the wires. I tried unscrewing all the screws, but it seems like the assembly is sealed shut. I don’t want to break it. Any tips on how to open it safely?

I also had the same issue. Mine was an LED light. Though for my case there was a manual guide on how to go about it and I had to heat a little bit the screws but cautiously coz it was glued super tight.

Hey @Mason, dealing with tricky tail lights can be a real pain, I feel you! I had a similar issue with my truck not too long ago, so I totally get where you’re coming from.

First off just double-check to see if there are any hidden screws or clips holding the assembly in place. Sometimes they can be sneaky and hide them away where you least expect it. If you’ve already tried that and it still won’t budge, here’s a trick I learned:

Grab a hairdryer or a heat gun (on a low setting!) and gently heat up the area around the tail light. This can help soften any adhesive or sealant that might be holding it shut. Just be careful not to overheat it – you don’t want to melt anything!

Once it’s warmed up a bit, try gently prying the assembly apart with a plastic trim removal tool or even a credit card. Again, take it slow and be patient – you don’t want to crack anything. And if all else fails, it might be worth taking it to a professional to avoid any potential damage.

I can’t guarantee this will work for your specific truck, but it’s worth a shot! And hey, if all else fails, at least you gave it your best shot without breaking anything.