Check Fuel Fill Inlet with Check engine light

I have a 2010 F-150 SuperCrew with around 206,000 miles. A couple of months ago, I started getting a “check fuel fill inlet” notification every time I started the truck. After researching it, I found it didn’t seem to be a major issue, so I didn’t worry about it. The message disappeared after a few weeks, but it reappeared about three weeks ago. I ignored it until yesterday when the check engine light came on while I was driving about 70 mph on the highway. Has anyone else experienced this? Should I wait to see if it resolves on its own, or should I have it checked out? I don’t think it affects performance, so I’m not overly concerned, but I’d like to know if there’s anything else I should consider and what steps I should take. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi…A “Check Fuel Fill Inlet” message combined with a “Check Engine” light on your vehicle’s dashboard can indicate a problem with the fuel system, often related to the fuel filler cap or the fuel fill inlet.

1 Like

The “check fuel fill inlet” message could indicate a problem with the fuel system, such as a loose or faulty gas cap, or potentially a more significant issue with the evaporative emissions control system.

You’re right, many F-150 owners experience the “check fuel fill inlet” message, but ignoring it might not be the best course of action, especially now that the check engine light is on.