Check engine light w/ P0430

Hello,

Have been posting on this forum for a couple of days now.

Thank God You guys are still here :star_struck:

Straight to the main issue:

:point_down:

I wanted to share an issue my son has been having with his recently purchased 2014 F150 XLT with the 5.0 L VS Flex engine. He drove it home without any problems, but the next day the “check engine light” (CEL) came on. He took it to Firestone, and they diagnosed a P0430 code and replaced both oxygen sensors. However, the light came back on the next day and Firestone couldn’t figure out the cause. He’s planning to take it to the local Ford dealer tomorrow, but I wanted to see if anyone here has had similar issues.

Following some research, it seems that the P0430 code is related to a problem with the catalytic converter near engine bank 2. Despite the light being on, the car seems to be running fine and no other warning lights have appeared.

Any advice or experiences you can share would be really helpful. Thank you!

1 Like

My '10 Compass kept giving me this code, and it turned out to be merely a corroded circuit connector providing a false signal.

Exhaust leaks can occasionally cause the P0430 code to appear. It is important to check for any leaks in the exhaust system that might be impacting the sensor readings.