Best Tires for F 150

Can someone recommend a good riding tire? Driving is mostly highway with occasional off road during hunting season. Like the aggressive look of all terrain, but don’t like how the OEM wranglers rode. Maybe it’s just the 20 inch wheel as the main culprit. I also prefer white lettering, but not a deal breaker. 2018 F150 screw lariat with 20-inch wheels. I live in the northeast so snow is a factor.

1 Like

Michelin Defenders are the best all-around tyres in my opinion.They are an even better option for you since you driving is mostly highway.

In the Northeast, you should think about the BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 for your F150. Without compromising too much on-road comfort, it provides a well-balanced combination of highway comfort, off-road capabilities, aggressive styling, and decent snow performance.

Regarding the white lettering, it’s known that choices with raised white letters are available for the BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 and Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT, which might offer you the aggressive appearance you desire.

According to me, Michelin Defender LTX M/S2 is the best. I Experience the pinnacle of pickup performance with it.

I just added Nitto Ridge Grapplers to my truck, and they look great! There’s a bit more road noise than the stock Pirellis, but that’s no surprise. I was deciding between those and the Falken Wildpeaks. Since the price was about the same, I went with the sidewall design I liked best. Buy from Discount Tire, and you get the best warranty in the business.

I had a similar situation with my 2018 F150 Lariat, where I wanted a tire that could handle both highway driving and occasional off-road trips during hunting season. The OEM Wrangler tires were too rough for my liking. After some research and advice from fellow truck owners, I switched to the BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 tires.

These tires provided a much smoother ride on highways and performed excellently off-road, especially in snowy conditions, which is crucial here in the Northeast. The aggressive tread looked great, and while they didn’t come with white lettering, their overall performance more than made up for it. The ride quality improved significantly, even with the 20-inch wheels, making these tires a fantastic choice for my needs.

These are all popular and capable tire models:

1. KO2 (BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2)
  2. Grabber ATX (General Grabber ATX)
  3. Falken Wildpeak AT3
  4. Mickey Thompson Baja Boss

Each of these tires is known for its off-road performance and durability, catering to various preferences and needs in different driving conditions.