Who owns Ford Motor Company?

Who owns Ford Motor Company?

Ford Motor Company, also referred to as Ford, is a multinational automaker based in Dearborn, Michigan, in the United States. Henry Ford created the company, and on June 16, 1903, it was incorporated. Under the Ford brand, the corporation sells automobiles and commercial vehicles, and under the Lincoln brand, it sells luxury vehicles. The Ford family controls the business, which is listed on the New York Stock Exchange. They hold a minority stake but the majority of the voting rights.

1 Like

Since Ford Motor Company is listed on a public exchange, stockholders own the company. Institutional investors such as mutual funds, pension funds, and other financial bodies are usually the largest stockholders.

I used to think that the Ford family owned Ford Motor Company, given its historical ties to Henry Ford, the company’s founder. However, I recently learned that Ford Motor Company is publicly traded on the stock market, and the majority of its shares are held by institutional investors and mutual funds. The Ford family still holds a minority stake in the company through a special class of shares, but they do not have majority ownership or control.

Family legend has it that my Great-Grandfather and Henry Ford were members of the same Masonic Lodge in Detroit. My Great-Grandfather had an incredible life. He ran away from home as a kid, joined the circus, and later enlisted in the US Army, where he had a long military career. He fought in the Spanish-American War in the Philippines, where he somehow acquired some gold. He smuggled this gold back to the States and lived off it, along with his pension, for the rest of his life.

Henry Ford had heard my Great-Grandfather’s legendary war stories at the Masonic Lodge. When Ford needed investors for his new Ford Motor Company, he remembered my Great-Grandfather’s gold and went to pitch his idea to him.

My Great-Grandfather listened to Ford’s pitch, then threw him out of his house. Despite this, his son and grandsons all ended up working in Ford Motor Company factories

The company is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and is controlled by the Ford family; they have minority ownership but the majority of the voting power. June 16, 1903, in Detroit, Michigan, U.S.

I totally agree with you Lilly. Ford Motor Company is a publicly traded company, which means it’s owned by its stockholders.

Ford Motor Company is a publicly traded corporation, which means it is owned by shareholders who hold its stock. The largest shareholders typically include institutional investors such as mutual funds, pension funds, and other investment entities. As of recent data, significant institutional investors in Ford Motor Company include The Vanguard Group, BlackRock, and various other financial institutions.