What could be causing my tailgate to refuse to open when the truck is running?

Hey guys, so I’ve been having this weird problem with my truck lately. Whenever it’s running, the tailgate just won’t budge. It’s driving me nuts! I’ve tried everything I can think of, but no luck. Do you have any ideas on what might be causing this and how I can fix it?

Appreciate any help you can give me!

Inspect the latch mechanism and its surroundings for any obstructions. Also, examine the tailgate lock actuator, as a malfunctioning actuator might hinder the proper unlocking of the tailgate. If needed, think about replacing the actuator.

If your tailgate won’t open when the truck’s running, there are a few things that could be causing the problem:

1.Safety Feature: Some trucks have a safety feature that locks the tailgate when the engine’s running to prevent it from opening while driving.

2.Faulty Wiring: If there’s been a recall repair or other service done, it’s possible there’s a wiring issue that’s affecting the tailgate’s operation.
Bad Latch: The tailgate latch itself might be faulty or stuck, which can happen over time with dirt and wear.

3.Lock Mechanism: The lock mechanism could be malfunctioning, especially if it’s not unlocking properly with the key fob or button.

First thing I’d do is check if hitting the unlock button on the door does the trick.
If not, you might need to take a closer look at the latch and lock mechanism, maybe even get under the back panel of the tailgate to see what’s going on.
Could be as simple as a disconnected clip or something that needs a bit of grease.