What are some recommended lug nuts for a Ford F150?

Hey guys, I got some new lug nuts to swap out the old ones on my truck. But when I try to remove the old ones, they just keep spinning and won’t come off. Am I missing something here?

Any tips on how to get them off?

It is possible that the lug nuts are removed. Use a locking plier to grab and turn them off, apply penetrating oil, or use a breaker bar for more force. If everything else fails, get help from a professional.

The lug nuts on all F150 models from 2004 to 2025 are either 14mm x 1.5 or 14mm x 2.0 in size. They are the kind that fit into a cone-shaped hole on the wheel. To take them off or put them on, you will need a 21mm socket.

If you’re lookin’ for some solid lug nuts for your F-150, you can’t go wrong with Gorilla.
They’re the go-to brand for a lot of Ford truck owners because they’re tough as nails and they don’t swell up like the stock ones do1L.

Just make sure you get the right size for your truck. Most F-150s use an M14-1.50 thread, but it’s always a good idea to double-check your owner’s manual or ask a pro if you’re not sure.
And when you’re torquing them down, the sweet spot is usually around 204 Nm

If you own a Ford F150, be sure the lug nuts match the type of wheel you have (steel or aluminum) and the torque requirements are met. Old lug nuts may be stripped or seized if they simply won’t come off. For removal, try using an impact wrench, using penetrating oil, or getting help from a professional.

• Double-check: Make sure you’re turning the lug wrench the right way.
  • More leverage: Use a breaker bar for extra torque on the lug wrench.
  • Break the rust: Spray penetrating oil on the lug nut threads, let it sit, then try again.