U0422:00-2F invalid data received from body control module

Hello everyone,

I don’t have a wrench light on, but I’ve captured this error using Forscan. It’s the only error showing up. I’m wondering what steps to take from here. Some other posts suggest checking the throttle body, while others mention the wheel sensor or wire condition. I’ve been attempting to align my dashboard speed with the GPS speed - currently, there’s about a 2 mph difference at 80 mph (GPS shows 78 mph) using the wheel specification size. I tried changing the diameter to compensate, but it hasn’t made a difference. I’m curious if this could be related.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

It’s interesting that you mentioned the speedometer being off by 2 mph.

While it’s not a huge difference, it could be related to a sensor issue or a setting in the Forscan configuration that needs adjustment.

If your vehicle is running fine otherwise, you can ignore it. U codes typically indicate communication errors, and with the numerous modules in modern vehicles, occasional intermittent errors may occur without causing any harm. Only if these errors are continuous and actively causing issues should you be concerned.

Sounds like you’ve got yourself a bit of a detective job on your hands. No wrench light on the dash, but Forscan (fancy code reader, huh?) is throwing you a curveball. Let’s break it down, NASCAR style.

First, hold off on cranking on the wrench just yet. Throttle body issues typically light up the dash like a Christmas tree. This little error code is probably a gremlin hiding somewhere else.

Now, the 2 mph difference between your speedo and GPS is interesting. While you can calibrate the speedo with fancy tools, it shouldn’t be that far off. The wheel sensor or wiring could be the culprit, but that error code might be pointing us in another direction.

Here’s what I’d say: Keep the wrenches holstered for now. Write down that error code and head over to some online forums specific to your car. Those petrolheads will have a field day helping you decipher that code and get your speedo back in the fast lane. In the meantime, enjoy the slight “warp drive” effect – who doesn’t like feeling a little faster? Just don’t tell the cops! :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: