Should I buy a Taurus Police Interceptor?

It is a 2014 model with 75,000 miles on it. It has a clean title, and the asking price is $7,500. Do you think this is a good deal, or should I avoid it? I have heard mixed opinions.

2 Likes

Hi there, Consider its condition, maintenance history, and intended use. These vehicles can be reliable but may have higher maintenance costs.

2 Likes

I purchased a 2012 F150 ecoboost county sheriffs truck with 100k miles. I have taken great care to keep everything in excellent condition and have kept detailed records. It has worked perfectly for me even after driving an additional 75,000 miles.

1 Like

Additionally, since a specialized tool is required to hold the timing chain, DIY water pump installation is not advised. When the tool is not used, the engine runs out of time.

1 Like

I agree with this! My 08 P71 was in use. It had about 7,00 idle hours at 135k miles. Still as silky and tan. Wasn’t too bad for petrol either—mid to high 20s, if I drove carefully. Any sort of stop-and-go immediately caused it to plummet into the midteens.

1 Like

Consider your needs for a reliable, durable vehicle. The Taurus Police Interceptor offers robust performance but may lack some comfort features typical of civilian cars.