Is the 5.4L Triton Ford's Best Engine Yet?

Hey, have you guys ever thought about the 5.4L Triton engine? I’ve been reading up on it, and there are so many people saying it’s the best engine Ford has ever made. What do you think? Is the 5.4L Triton really Ford’s best engine yet?

3 Likes

I really think the Triton engine is one of the best Ford has ever made. Sure, it’s noisy and has its fair share of complaints, but it just keeps going strong, like the little engine that could. I see more Triton engines out there than the newer ones because Ford stuck with it for so long. In my opinion, it’s definitely one of their best engines.

2 Likes

Haha, the Triton is basically a boat anchor when you compare it to the 5.0.

1 Like

Why do we always think the engine we have is the best ever made? Seriously, the SBC is probably the best engine ever, but it took like 50 years to come to that conclusion. It takes more than just reliability to determine if an engine stands the test of time. You have to consider things like acceptance by the aftermarket community, recalls, and production length. By those standards, the Triton engine series doesn’t really measure up. If we’re only talking about Ford, the flathead V8 wins, hands down.