Is the 2.7 Ecoboost engine reliable and long-lasting?

Hey everyone,
I’m curious if anyone has a 2.7 engine with a lot of miles on it. My dad is thinking of getting a 2018 car, and he really likes the 2.7 engine. I suggested the 5.0, but he’s set on the 2.7. If you have one with high mileage, how has it been? He’s been driving his 2003 Ranger for a while and is ready for something new, but I don’t know much about the Ecoboost engines.

1 Like

whats up sis,;;the 2.7 EcoBoost engine is usually regarded as dependable when properly maintained, especially in later generations (2018 and onward). However, Ford has fixed a few serious problems with the early versions (2015–2017).

Get a mechanic to do a pre-purchase inspection if you’re thinking about buying a used 2.7 EcoBoost, especially for the earlier versions (2015–2017).
Any engine’s longevity depends on regular maintenance, so make sure the car has a clean service history.

1 Like

All my 2.7-liter vehicles have performed excellently. Last weekend, I drove my 2022 model for almost 2500 miles straight, covering the distance in about 42 hours, and managed to maintain an average of 20 miles per gallon. Not bad at all.

1 Like

With my 2015 3.5 eco, I’ve had nothing but pleasure. So far, no problems :crossed_fingers:. At the auto auction, I’ve driven a lot of 2.7s, and my friend has a 2.7 that she adores. In the long run, I’ll suggest that the 2.7 will be more dependable.

hi sister from a car expert,even reliable engines can sometimes have problems. Some reported issues with the 2.7 EcoBoost include spark plug wear and carbon buildup.