How trustworthy is a Ford Probe?

Hello everyone, I want to purchase this 2.5L Ford Probe. I would like to know how reliable they are. Do they frequently break down? I don’t know if it is difficult to find components for it because I live in Spain. With only 108.000km,

2 Likes

A Probe needs to have been well-maintained to appear that excellent. It should serve you well, especially if you maintain it properly.

1 Like

They’re fantastic vehicles, and back in my Dodge Stealth/Mitsu 3000-GT phase, I wanted one.

However, avoid sticking it up your ass.

2 Likes

The Probe still looks great because it has been well taken care of. It should serve you well if you continue to maintain it properly.

1 Like

A 2.5L Ford Probe can be reliable with good care, and the 2.5L engine is also known to be sturdier than the 4-cylinder. However, common issues like ignition problems and worn suspension parts can pop up. Finding parts in Spain might be trickier compared to the US, especially as the mileage climbs. If the Probe is well-maintained and you’re okay with potentially searching online for parts, it could be a fun choice.

1 Like

In the early 2000s, I owned a 1994 GT, which was an excellent vehicle that was dependable and enjoyable to drive. The car was ten years old when I bought it, and I drove it for four years without any significant issues. I remember replacing the water pump, the rear wheel hubs, and the brakes, but that’s about all the maintenance I performed on it. The car had 180 thousand when I sold it back in 2008. Under the surface, though, it’s all Mazda, so parts are more expensive and repair services will cost more. When I purchased my automobile, I had a cat-back installed, which cost $350 despite the fact that it was just pipe and a muffler, the same as everything else, and aluminum was also utilized.

Haris You raise an excellent point on how crucial good upkeep is. It is true that a well-maintained Probe can continue to function flawlessly. Any vehicle’s durability and dependability are largely dependent on regular maintenance.

Do you have any special advice or insights from maintaining the best possible condition for your vehicle?

I owned one in the early 2000s, and it was a fantastic vehicle, both dependable and enjoyable to drive. The car was 10 years old when I bought it, and I drove it for four years with no serious issues. I replaced the water pump, rear wheel hubs, and brakes, but that’s all I recall altering. It had 180 thousand miles when I sold it in 2008. It’s all Mazda underneath the skin, which means parts are more expensive and repair costs are more. I had a cat-back done when I purchased mine and it cost $350 dollars even though it’s simply pipe and a muffler like any other car, they also utilized