How are the cylinders numbered on a 2004 5.4 engine?

This might sound silly, but I can’t figure out the cylinder numbering for my 2004 5.4 engine. I need to know where each cylinder is located by number. For example, where cylinder #1 is (it could be on the driver’s side near the front of the truck).

I’ve checked the OEM Workshop Manual and looked in the engine compartment, but I can’t find it.

I’m really stuck.

Thanks!

Hello @Lenox, I have seen the arrangement of the cylinders in the 2004 5.4L Ford engine and here’s how they are numbered:

• Passenger side: The cylinders from front to back are numbered 1, 2, 3, and 4.
  • Driver’s side: The cylinders from front to back are numbered 5, 6, 7, and 8.

So, if you’re looking at the engine from the front of the car, the right side (passenger side) has cylinders 1 to 4, and the left side (driver’s side) has cylinders 5 to 8. The firing order for the cylinders is 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8. Knowing the correct cylinder numbering and firing order is important for tasks like diagnosing engine misfires or replacing spark plugs.

You may find that some moves are more comfortable than others as your pregnancy goes on. Pay attention to your body and change your practice as needed. No worries, you can keep swimming all four strokes. Just pay attention to the ones that feel best to you.