Ford f150 wont start no clicking noise

My '06 5.4 won’t start. When I turn the key, nothing happens, not even a click. The battery is fine. I checked the starter relay and swapped it with other relays, and they seem fine. I can hear the relay activate when I turn the key. I had it towed to a shop, and they said it is not the starter but an issue with the wiring. They checked the wiring as far as they could but could not find anything wrong. They suggested taking it to the dealer.

A week before this, it made a grinding noise like when you try to start the engine while it is already running, but then it started fine. The mechanic who looked at it is good and has done work for me before, but troubleshooting is not his strength.

Any advice would be appreciated since I really don’t want to go to the dealership.

I had a similar issue. When it wouldn’t start and there was no clicking noise, it turned out to be a loose connection at the starter. Double-check all your connections to the starter and make sure they’re tight. It might save you a trip to the dealership.

I think there is something wrong with your starter. Just have it checked again. I had the same issue with my pickup, though is an outdated model, I took it to the mechanic and said sth was missing. I have just forgot the name but the grinding sound came about since that was missing in the starter.

Sup Rich, that could be Dead Battery, am sure that’s the most common reason for a car not to start. Even if your lights and electronics seem fine, the battery might not have enough power to crank the engine. You can try jump-starting your truck or have the battery tested at a repair shop.